Three days ago, in a maelstrom of emotions – more than a little ploughed under with work and the weather, which looks gorgeous but as we all know is utterly treacherous to drive in, I found a truly wonderful surprise waiting for me!
It really couldn’t have come at a better time, a little ray of sunshine in these wintry blustery days.
Tricia Drammeh, fellow fantasy writer, blogger extraordinaire, interviewer, reviewer, mother of four, hugely talented wordsmith and all round lovely person, nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!!!!!
If you haven’t already checked out her mindbogglingly wonderful blog, well, you’re really missing out! Get over there now folks you won’t regret it! http://blog.triciadrammeh.com/
She also has the most fantastic website: http://www.triciadrammeh.com/
I’m truly humbled and honoured to be nominated for this award by an author and blogger of such talents! A HUGE thank you to Tricia Drammeh!!! xx
The Rules of the Award are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Okay, so we go…
- I have an encyclopedic knowledge of weird facts, especially world geography, just don’t ask me where the counties of England are!
- As a child I wanted to be an astronaut, writer and mermaid (2001 Space Odyssey and…er…the Splash movie had a huge influence!). Well, one out of three is pretty good?
- I’m happiest when I’m outside surrounded by nature, staring at the sky, horizon or the sea. It’s as important to me as breathing. Cities make me quite claustrophobic.
- As a young child, I started writing and drawing before I was even steady on my feet. I still have terrible balance. As I’m very bendy, I can do most of the yoga poses but cannot balance to save my life!
- I don’t drink at all – my taste buds are still as immature as they were when I first tried wine and I’m allergic to most of it. Yuk! But chocolate has an almost hypnotic effect on me!!!!
- I love animals and can’t stand cruelty of any kind. I’m a member of most of the animal charities and used to campaign against circus cruelty to elephants.
- In fact, I can’t stand cruelty of any kind…To me there’s nothing worse than bullying and aggressive behaviour, there’s just no excuse for it. Why be rude and horrible when you can kind and tolerant? None of us are perfect but as my dear Granny used to say, “If you can’t say anything nice, say nothing at all.” A simple lesson we could all learn from.
Now for the nominees! Wow, this is really hard. Firstly a lot of my choices were quite rightly chosen by Tricia. Secondly, it’s hard picking just 15 bloggers, there are SO many great ones out there!
So…in no order at all, I nominate the following blogs for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
Please DO check out all their amazing blogs!
- Ryan Holmes http://griffinsquill.com/
- Morgen Bailey http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/
- Lindsey J Parsons http://lindseyjparsons.wordpress.com/
- Ashen Venema (Course of Mirrors) http://courseofmirrors.wordpress.com/
- Andy Szpuk http://andyszpuk.wordpress.com/
- Lisa Scullard http://lisascullard.wordpress.com/
- Gretchen Steen http://gretchensteen.blogspot.co.uk/
- James Shortland http://fantasybastion.com/
- ashsilverlock http://ashsilverlock.wordpress.com/
- M T McGuire http://www.mtmcguire.co.uk/
- Dominick Swennen http://fantasticalimaginations.wordpress.com/
- Jane Dougherty http://janedougherty.wordpress.com/
- Freaky Folk Tales http://freakyfolktales.wordpress.com/
- Moment Matters http://momentmatters.wordpress.com/
- atoasttodragons http://atoasttodragons.wordpress.com/
Gosh…that WAS hard. I also need to mention Sheryl Browne http://sheryls-ramblings.blogspot.com/ , Debbie Young http://youngbyname.wordpress.com/ , Mandy Ward http://welcometowherever.wordpress.com/ and the wonderful Lisa Wiedmeier http://lisawiedmeier.blogspot.co.uk/ :D