Three days ago, in a maelstrom of emotions – more than a little ploughed under with work and the weather, which looks gorgeous but as we all know is utterly treacherous to drive in, I found a truly wonderful surprise waiting for me!
It really couldn’t have come at a better time, a little ray of sunshine in these wintry blustery days.
Tricia Drammeh, fellow fantasy writer, blogger extraordinaire, interviewer, reviewer, mother of four, hugely talented wordsmith and all round lovely person, nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!!!!!
If you haven’t already checked out her mindbogglingly wonderful blog, well, you’re really missing out! Get over there now folks you won’t regret it! 😀 http://blog.triciadrammeh.com/
She also has the most fantastic website: http://www.triciadrammeh.com/
I’m truly humbled and honoured to be nominated for this award by an author and blogger of such talents! A HUGE thank you to Tricia Drammeh!!! 😀 xx
The Rules of the Award are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Okay, so we go…
- I have an encyclopedic knowledge of weird facts, especially world geography, just don’t ask me where the counties of England are!
- As a child I wanted to be an astronaut, writer and mermaid (2001 Space Odyssey and…er…the Splash movie had a huge influence!). Well, one out of three is pretty good?
- I’m happiest when I’m outside surrounded by nature, staring at the sky, horizon or the sea. It’s as important to me as breathing. Cities make me quite claustrophobic.
- As a young child, I started writing and drawing before I was even steady on my feet. I still have terrible balance. As I’m very bendy, I can do most of the yoga poses but cannot balance to save my life!
- I don’t drink at all – my taste buds are still as immature as they were when I first tried wine and I’m allergic to most of it. Yuk! But chocolate has an almost hypnotic effect on me!!!! 😛
- I love animals and can’t stand cruelty of any kind. I’m a member of most of the animal charities and used to campaign against circus cruelty to elephants.
- In fact, I can’t stand cruelty of any kind…To me there’s nothing worse than bullying and aggressive behaviour, there’s just no excuse for it. Why be rude and horrible when you can kind and tolerant? None of us are perfect but as my dear Granny used to say, “If you can’t say anything nice, say nothing at all.” A simple lesson we could all learn from.
Now for the nominees! Wow, this is really hard. Firstly a lot of my choices were quite rightly chosen by Tricia. Secondly, it’s hard picking just 15 bloggers, there are SO many great ones out there!
So…in no order at all, I nominate the following blogs for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
Please DO check out all their amazing blogs!
- Ryan Holmes http://griffinsquill.com/
- Morgen Bailey http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/
- Lindsey J Parsons http://lindseyjparsons.wordpress.com/
- Ashen Venema (Course of Mirrors) http://courseofmirrors.wordpress.com/
- Andy Szpuk http://andyszpuk.wordpress.com/
- Lisa Scullard http://lisascullard.wordpress.com/
- Gretchen Steen http://gretchensteen.blogspot.co.uk/
- James Shortland http://fantasybastion.com/
- ashsilverlock http://ashsilverlock.wordpress.com/
- M T McGuire http://www.mtmcguire.co.uk/
- Dominick Swennen http://fantasticalimaginations.wordpress.com/
- Jane Dougherty http://janedougherty.wordpress.com/
- Freaky Folk Tales http://freakyfolktales.wordpress.com/
- Moment Matters http://momentmatters.wordpress.com/
- atoasttodragons http://atoasttodragons.wordpress.com/
Gosh…that WAS hard. I also need to mention Sheryl Browne http://sheryls-ramblings.blogspot.com/ , Debbie Young http://youngbyname.wordpress.com/ , Mandy Ward http://welcometowherever.wordpress.com/ and the wonderful Lisa Wiedmeier http://lisawiedmeier.blogspot.co.uk/ 😀
Congratulations Sophie! A very well deserved award!! And a massive massive thank you for nominating me! that’s really lovely of you! 🙂
Of course I nominated you sweetie! You ARE an inspiration!!! Well done honey, very well deserved! 😀 xx
Thanks for the kind words, Sophie. Your blog is certainly wonderful and inspiring. I look forward to every post. I really do. Great choices for nominees. Congratulations to everyone.
Thank you Tricia! No kind words honestly, just TRUTHFUL words, your blog is amazing!!! Well done on being nominated yourself honey! 😀 xx
Well done Sophie:)
Thank you so much sweetie! 😀 xx
Your award is well deserved, Sophie, and what a beautiful logo to add to your sight! Thanks for mentioning mine too! 🙂
My pleasure sweetie! 😀 xx
Freaky, they’ve done it to again. You’re too popular, Sophie 🙂 I’ll raise a glass to you (Burns night tomorrow). I also much appreciate the honour of being nominated. While I’m not into numbers, I’ll go in search for my inspirational hat, if I recall where I put it during the big freeze. And it will be a pleasure to visit the wonderful sites that inspired you.
Lol! Well, I just had to nominate you honey, your blogs are so inspirational. I real oasis on the net! Thank you Ashen, yeap, inspirational hat and electric blanket needed! 😀 xx
Hi Sophie, I’ve stumbled upon this post and I’ve found my name in the nominees. Thank you very much for nominating me! But I wondered why I didn’t receive a notification of this and then I saw it: The link to my blog isn’t completely correct. It’s fantasticalimaginations.wordpress and not fantastical.wordpress. That blog does exist, but it’s not mine. Anyway, thank you a lot for nominating me. Love it!
Lol! Thanks Domoinick, will correct the link straight away. To be honest, things have been so manically busy this end, that I posted the blog entry but actually haven’t had the time to get around and notify all the nominees yet!!! (Better get onto that straight away) 😛
So, I’m really glad you came across yourself and congratulations!! 😀
Thank you. Congratulations to your nomination also. 🙂
Cheers mate. All done Dominick. 😀
Thank you. I don’t want to be an ass, but you forgot to change the page to which the link goes. You did it right in the post, but the link goes still to the other blog (I know, I’m a nitpick sometimes, my wife tells me that a lot 😉 )
Lol! Don’t worry mate, better to get it right, eh? Ummmm…Ah…okay, this is where I reveal my true techno-idiot tendencies…so how exactly do I change that? 😉
In the link page on your dashboard you select the text of the link and then you’ll see a button above which says ‘add/edit link’ when you hover over it. Click that and you’ll be able to change the link.
I’m posting my award post right now and a link to your blog also.
Lol! Okay…I really AM too much of an idiot in these matters! Couldn’t do that at all, went into the link page and all there was were blogroll for other things, no add/edit link, no text of link…anyway, I’ve fiddled around and ended up deleting your link then adding it again and that has done the trick!!! Yeah!!! Success at last! 😛
Thanks for nominating me. I appreciate it.
[…] https://sophieetallis.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/very-inspiring-again/ […]
Thank you honey!
Love your answers too, sweetie! 😀 xx
[…] twice! for the same award! My first nomination came from my friend, Wordbuilder and fellow dragon Sophie E Tallis. Sophie is the very talented author of the fabulous White Mountain, book 1 in the Darkling […]
Thank you very much Lindsey, you’re such a sweetie and a VERY well deserving recipient!! 😀 xx