Okay, first I’d like to say a massive THANK YOU to all my amazing talented followers for pushing this little blog past 14,000 hits!!! That’s truly humbling and astounding. So, whether you’re regular visitors, weekly watchers, new to the site, fly-by, one-stop-shop, pop-in pop-out kind of visitors, or hang out pull up your chair and relax visitors, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! This blog would be nothing without your support! 😀 xx
Right, before I get too gushy on you, I’ll get on with the post.
As I mentioned in my last nomination, The Versatile Blogger award, I’ve been very forgetful regarding the awards which have so kindly been bestowed upon me, but, I’ve now caught up with this latest one, the Liebster Award. Again, huge thanks must go out to the gorgeous, talented and thoroughly lovely Kay Kauffman (http://suddenlytheyalldied.com/), who nominated me for this award in May. Kay is an extraordinarily gifted fantasy author with a love of nascar, a gift for cooking and a huge heart!
Apart from being a fellow member of The Alliance of Worldbuilders – http://theallianceofworldbuilders.weebly.com/index.html & http://www.facebook.com/TheAllianceOfWorldbuilders along with myself and a bunch of fantasy/sci-fi geeks, Kay Kauffman has also established the most amazing blog which I highly recommend you all checking out! http://suddenlytheyalldied.com/ – Thank you Kay! 😀 x
As usual, there are a few rules for this:
- List eleven random facts about yourself.
- Answer the eleven questions that were asked of you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven other blogs for the Liebster Award and link to their blogs.
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners eleven questions, to be answered upon acceptance of the award.
Umm…I’m noticing a pattern in the number 11!
Okay, so here is where I bend the rules a little…ahem…okay, break the rules again. Rules are made for breaking, right? The Liebster Award is supposed to be for blogs who have 200 followers or less. Well, as the lovely Kay Kauffman (http://suddenlytheyalldied.com/) suspected, I am very lucky to have more followers than that, first rule broken. but since she was kind enough to nominate me, I’m gladly accepting!
Okay…er…first eleven random facts about me:
- I’m a terrible insomniac and have been since I was about 14.
- I’m petrified of spiders but okay with snakes.
- I’ve nearly died at least 4 times, drowning, car crash, decapitation, run over, and that’s not counting all the times I fell twenty feet out of trees with hardly a bruise or scratch – I’ve never broken a bone!
- I have dreadful eyesight yet can see amazing details close up, like microscope vision, great for drawing and I ADORE looking at maps!
- I could talk before I could walk and was writing and drawing before 3yrs.
- My first crush was on Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Indiana Jones, I even posted an airmail love letter to Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
- I am very much a country girl, born and bred and love nature and wild landscapes – preferably with no people around, just the elements and me!
- I love animals and detest cruelty of any kind. I’m anti all ‘blood sports’ like fox hunting.
- I love green vegetables and have a real thing for runner beans!
- Star Wars was the very first film I ever saw at the cinema. It got me totally hooked on science-fiction and fantasy, but it also seeded a deep desire in me, ever since I was 4yrs old, to be an astronaut. To this day, I still have vivid dreams of flying my own spaceship!
- When I was 17 I went to Communist Russia on a school trip. Our plane was diverted to an airstrip north of Moscow due to a storm and the KGB boarded our plane and took our passports. It was very scary. I was frisked by one of the guards and we were all detained for four hours in a blizzard. It was an amazing trip though. We went to Lenin’s tomb – incredible. It was like a dream. Although he’d been dead for over 70 years at the time, he looked like he had just fallen asleep! Seriously freaky!
The questions Kay Kauffman (http://suddenlytheyalldied.com/) wanted answered:
- If you could have lunch with any one person, living or dead, who would it be and why? Probably my personal hero, David Attenborough.
- What is your favourite song and why? Mull of Kintyre by Wings. It was the first record I ever bought and even though I know it’s cheesy as hell, I still adore it. Something to do with being a soundtrack to nature I think.
- What is your dream job? Besides being a writer? Probably a film director. I love telling stories and being a highly visual person that would be ideal. Weirdly enough, my career’s advisor said ‘writer or film director’ as two of my best most suitable jobs!
- What is your favourite season? Spring, everything awakening, coming back to life and the promise of Summer yet to come.
- Why did you start blogging? Oops…I read this as ‘when’ – 26th January 2012! Why? Umm. To be honest I don’t know, I just kind of fell into it and found I loved it!
- What is your favourite comfort food? Bread and Marmite.
- If you had a time turner like Hermione’s in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, what would you do with it? Sorry, I’ve never read any HP more of a Tolkien girl, so don’t know what that is. I’m guessing it’s a time machine device or something? Uh…I’d probably go back in time and undo some mistakes, do a few things differently given the choice. I don’t live with regrets, but I’ve often made choices for other people and not for myself.
- If you could have lunch with one of the captains from Star Trek or one of the characters from Star Wars, who would you choose and why? Ooh, that’s hard. The 12yr old me would definitely go with Han Solo, now though, I think I’d pick Chris Pine’s Captain Kirk, he’s kinda cute and I think he’s a funny guy. It would be a fun lunch!
- Do you use your cell phone mostly for talking or mostly for other things? Mostly for texting, but mostly not at all. I’m an email girl not a cell/mobile phone girl.
- What makes you dance? Most music.
- And the follow-up, what makes you sing? “You’re Just Too Good To Be True…” & “Sweet Caroline…ba ba ba”, the classic drunken sing-a-long songs!
There you go! Now for my eleven nominees, as always, these really are in no order at all!
- Tricia Drammeh – http://blog.triciadrammeh.com/ & http://theclaimingwords.com/
- Lindsey Parsons – http://lindseyjparsons.wordpress.com/
- Susan Finlay – http://susansbooks37.wordpress.com/
- Kate Jack – http://kateannejack.wordpress.com/
- Andrea Baker – http://www.andreabakerauthor.com/ & http://rosewallauthor.wordpress.com/
- Will Macmillan Jones – http://willmacmillanjones.wordpress.com/
- Jane Dougherty – http://janedougherty.wordpress.com/
- Lisa Scullard – http://lisascullard.wordpress.com/ & http://hardinkcafe.wordpress.com/
- Emily Mckeon – http://theabsenteeblogger.blogspot.com/
- Joanne Hall – http://hierath.wordpress.com/
- Ashen Venema – http://courseofmirrors.wordpress.com/
Wow…there are a LOT of lists on this post! Okay, now for the last fun part…he he he!
Eleven questions I would like my nominees to answer, should they choose to accept the award. Here goes!
- What was the first book you ever read, and the last one you read/are reading?
- What superpower do you wish you had and why?
- Better to burn like a comet or fade away? Quick and bright or slow and dull? How best you do live your life?
- If you were transported into a Grimm’s Fairy Tale, Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings or one of G.R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones stories, which character would you play and why?
- Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams?
- Favourite movie and why?
- Favourite all time character from fiction and why?
- DC or Marvel?
- Guilty pleasure?
- If you were granted one wish, what would it be and why?
- What book has had the most profound affect upon you and why?
There you go, a mixture of absurdly silly, shallow questions with a few sensible ones thrown in! 😉
How would YOU answer these? Eh? Huh? Wanna give it a try? Yes, you sitting there in the corner, yes YOU! Come on over here and ask yourself these questions, come join our little nerdfest! 😀 xxx
I’ve just realised that there is a reason why you owe me big time. BIG TIME> My dad saved David Attenborough’s dad’s life during WW2. No, really…..
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? That’s mind blowing! Wow. Totally awesome mate, my hero saved by your dad, how weird is that? So what happened? Do you know the story? Very very cool… *bows in reverence*
Thank you for including me in your nomination, Sophie. There’s a good reason your blog has had so many hits–the excellent content is what keeps people coming back for more. Congratulations, honey.
Thank you, Tricia, but it’s YOUR blog that has had so many people talking. You’ve done such a great thing, you know, sharing your experiences like this. I’ve had so many people asking me about it and have referred them all onto you. Well done YOU!!!!! A very well deserved nomination, both of them! 😀 xx
Holy cow, that’s a lot of praise! I don’t know what to say, except thank you! (And I still don’t know what this dark side is that you keep talking about. :P)
Lol! All fully deserved sweetie! 😀
Remember, you’re chocolate, naughty but nice! 😛
But wouldn’t that make me a cannibal then? After all, nothing picks me up quite like a nice chocolate truffle or a bar of Dove. 🙂
Lol, yes but a lovely sweet chocclatey cannibal…ummm…I’m getting hungry now! 😛
So am I…and I just happen to have some chocolate in the pantry! 😀
Lol, you tempter, you! 😀 x
It’s the dark side talking. 😀
Yum yum yum….muhahahahahaha! 😉
I’ve only just caught up with this! Congratulations on passing 14,000 hits, this is such a lovely blog I’m not surprised it’s so popular!
Thanks for the nomination Sophie! Great answers to those questions and I was with you all the way with your random facts until you got to #9 Runner beans! ewww!! :p
Honey, of course you missed this, you’ve been living in large in Las Vegas baby!!!! SO glad you had such a fabulous time, meet lots of great new friends, authors and contacts and ahem…had some steamy photos with some steamy guys!!!
Lol…glad you liked the random facts, but a dislike of runner beans? Honey, surely not! Does this in fact mean that we’re not sisters from another mother??!!! 😀
Nooo! Once small discrepancy can’t come between us!! I do like small french beans, it’s just all that stringyness with runner beans… It’s really not nice!! 😀
Lol!!! So glad! I like french beans too, all’s well! Lol. You should try my homegrown organic ones though, not a string in sight! But broad beans? Ugh! They make me shudder! 😀